Friday, June 18, 2010

So Much For Ranting

Ranting is good and all, but it's no fun when you're so depressed your face meets your toes. Or at least your neck.

So, let's see.

WELL, for one thing: Hi kuya (since they are probably reading this)!

The second thing...

Heck, I don't know what to say.

I like Hetalia? Yeah, sure, let's start with that. Ever thought about what a nation would look like if they were a person? A lot of people probably have, at some point; I mean, look at Lady Liberty, or Mother England---(did you notice none of the countries are male? The irony)

Anyways.

Axis Powers Hetalia is a comic/manga(Japanese comics)/anime(Japanese animation) about nations personified. The central storyline revolves around World War II, with the main character being the silly and rather air-headed personification of Northern Italy. It's all light-hearted humor, despite the few battle scenes here and there; none of the nations' personalities or hetare-ness (foolishness, stupidity, silliness, etc, in Japanese; hence, Hetare and Italia, silly Italy, Hetalia) are intentionally harmful or seriously intended against the actual nations.

Tch, I rambled. Basically, Hetalia is kind of crude in some parts(just general swearing and...slight lewdness...agh) and the art isn't too great at first...but there are amazingly portrayed relations between all the nations, exciting battle scenes, and characters you can't help but like for their unique personalities.

Plus, the art improves to the point of breathtaking awesomeness. I'm mainly an anime-style artist, so I could say I was duly awe-struck and overjoyed, oho.

Ah, anime. I'm sure all of us have watched at least one form of it in our lifetimes (Spirited Away, Pokemon, Digimon, Yugi-Oh, Kiki's Delivery Service, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Bleach...). I'm not an otaku - overly obssessed with anime/manga - but I've got to admit I love it.

US Americans. We love Japanese products, don't we?

Well, I guess that's enough for one post. Ama out.

The Last Few Words of This Post Look Like A Lemony Snicket Imitation

-Ama

P.S. (I guess those words weren't the last after all) I am verbally challenged. I can't think of anything sensible to say, even in my journals.

Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. LoL,I think you'd make a great advertiser :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! XD So, I made my own blog after your prompting. You should check it out!

    LOL, I like how you mention Hetalia right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete